Kensington Business Improvement Area (BIA)
Executive Director, Annie MacInnis
Kensington Community Police Liaison Officer
Cst. James Dore – [email protected]
Kensington Bylaw Officer
Sgt. Fausto Riciggo 403-312-0650
- BRZ streetlight Banners (damaged) – Please contact our offices to request replacement
Outdoor patios – New regulations relax size restrictions, delete the requirement for entry through eatery, and relax how patios can be opened and operated and parking requirements. Go to www.ahla.ca/new-patio-policies for more information. If you would like assistance and support for your Outdoor Patio Application contact our offices!
- Snow/Ice buildup on public sidewalks – 311
- Snow event (no street parking) – http://Calgary.ca/snow route parking ban/
- Broken tree branches – 311
- Broken bench or bike rack – 311
- Damaged bus shelter, broken traffic light, leaking fire hydrant, broken street signs – 311
- Abandoned bulky waste in alley (mattresses, couches…) – 311
- Canada Post box (broken or damaged) – 1-866-7607-6301
- Graffiti on your building or on public realm– Email our Executive Director for the graffiti removal form and FAQs package.
- Spring street cleaning (no street parking)- http://www.calgary.ca/Transportation/Roads/Pages/Road-Maintenance/Spring-Clean-up-street-cleaning/Spring-Clean-up-street-cleaning.aspx
- Crosswalk re-painting schedule – Citizens can report crosswalks in need of re-paining outside scheduled re-paints. http://www.calgary.ca/Transportation/Roads/Pages/Traffic/Traffic-operations/Crosswalk-painting.aspxPolice non-emergency – 403-266-1234
Report all break-ins/robberies
Reports contribute to Kensington crime statistics and support allocation of regular patrols and bike patrols to Kensington area. Please report non-urgent matters to 311 or police non-emergency (403-266-1234) and in progress issues to 911.
Overdose/drug issues – Call 911 if urgent (person is non-responsive or is in immediate distress and/or danger).
If not urgent, call the DOAP team – 403-998-7388.
Panhandling – is permitted unless person is blocking the sidewalk or is abusive. Contact police non-emergency (403-266-1234) or bylaw (311) for sidewalk blocking and/or abusive behaviour.
Homeless encampment – report to bylaw via 311.
Person asleep on the street – Call the DOAP team to assess – 403-998-7388.
Found needles – 311.
Is the alley behind your business too dark?
You can apply to have a dawn to dusk energy efficient light installed by Enmax on an existing wooden light pole. Cost is $17.59/month added onto your electricity bill. The light turns on and off automatically and Enmax deals with any maintenance issues: https://www.enmax.com/home/electricity-and-natural-gas/streetlights-for-your-neighbourhood/questions-and-answers.