December 18 @ 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm
Justine Vandergrift is a singer-songwriter / performing artist with her own brand of country soul with roots that dig into the hymns and folk songs of her central Alberta youth. Her three studio releases reveal a rare and irresistible knack for melody, and her newest release ‘Stay’ represents a deepening of that artistry. Justine is like the old hymns she grew up with – even if you can’t quite put your finger on what makes them genuine and authentic, they are undeniably so.
Christmas in Kensington programming:
- Enjoy sleigh rides, Santa Claus and complimentary hot chocolate from Higher Ground Cafe and complimentary coffee from Deville.
- Come down and bring your very own Christmas ornament to hang on the Kensington Christmas tree and be a part of the #kensingtonlove.
- Visitors are also invited to bring non-perishable food donations for the community wide food drive for the Veterans Food Bank of Calgary that runs until Dec.17.
- Stilt Walker with candy canes from 12:00-1:30 p.m.
- Kensington Christmas Ornaments: This holiday season we are looking to spread the #kensingtonlove and are asking for your help! Visit the Christmas Tree that will be set up in the plaza area along Kensington Road and add your very own ornament.The tree will be set up on Nov. 18 and visitors can place ornaments on it throughout November and December.
- Kensington Christmas Markets: On Friday, Dec. 3 from 4:00 to 9:00 p.m. and Saturday, Dec. 4 from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. there will be a outdoor Christmas/ Holiday Market in the parking lot along Kensington Road